Siras Systems Newsletter
New HOT Features Introduced in response to user requests
- Now you can find a list of your students and their Classroom/Instructional accommodations. These are the accommodations listed on the “Classroom Accommodations and Modifications” or the “Preschool Strategies” forms in the IEP Manager. To access the list, go the Reporting menu > Student Lists and then select the Predefined Lists tab. Select either the “Classroom Accommodations” or the “Preschool Accommodations” buttons to generate the list. Customize your list (e.g., group by grade) to meet your needs from the Edit List tab.
- You can also enter the Classroom/Instructional Accommodations by going to the Student Info menu > Special Ed Profile > Services. To add an accommodation, select the category and then the accommodation; then click Add Accommodation.
- Service logs are in development in SIRAS. As part of the development of the new feature, there is an optional new dropdown in the GoalWizard and Goal Editor. It lists the student services, so that you can connect the service to the goal in development. This is optional for goals, but will be needed for the service log.
IMPORTANT Reminder for CASEMIS Staff / Special Education Secretaries
- FYI, CASEMIS offline data collection will be replaced by sending CASEMIS IEP data directly to CALPADS from live SIRAS data in October of 2018. SIRAS Systems Inc. is pleased to be one of the pilot IEP programs partnering with the CDE in the upcoming CASEMIS to CALPADS transition. This means that we will have the opportunity to provide feedback, have firsthand access to the new process and procedures and be the most prepared for the transition in 2018.
Medi-Cal Billing Option:
Siras Systems, Inc. is excited to announce a partnership with Leader Services, a national company that provides technology and data processing solutions to over 1,000 Local Education Agencies (LEA's). Leader has provided Medicaid billing services to LEA's since 1992 and has assisted with generating more than $1.8 billion in reimbursements. Together, we will provide an improved service within IEP management and Medi-Cal billing for our mutual clients. With consent in the near future, we will offer districts the ability of integrating SIRAS IEP data with Leader's Medi-Cal billing software via a scheduled nightly data export option between the two systems. We offer this as a solution to help save valuable staff time on data upkeep while providing LEA's a streamlined IEP management and Medi-Cal billing process with the goal of maximizing reimbursement potential.
If you have any questions, please contact Steve Ormbrek - email@example.com
OCTOBER 2015: form development history
- Sometimes multiple users contribute to the development of a form. By putting your curser next to the green checkbox or orange form warning you can get a list of all the users who contributed to that form and when they submitted the form.
- Forms can be "Reset" (any entry to the form is deleted) by clicking the red 'X' to the right of the form link. This will restore the form as it was prior to opening it. Additionally, if using the Spanish forms the 'X' next to the 'Spanish' form link will delete only the Spanish form.
- When deleting a meeting all submitted forms in all tabs must be 'Reset' before the meeting can be deleted. Only the person who created the meeting or the CASEMIS Clerk access can delete a meeting.
September 2015: PRINTING - removing browser's header and footer
When printing out Student Lists, Progress Reports, or other SIRAS reports generated from the web page (not PDF forms) and you want to remove the title and footer inserted by your browser, go to the Menu bar for your browser, go under "File" to "Page Setup" then change all of the settings for your header and footer to "Empty". Otherwise the things listed such as Title, page numbers, dates, and URL will print on your report which is usually not desireable. This only needs to be done once and your browser will remember.
To turn off your Popup Blockers for all sites, open your browser and look under Tools on the menu bar and scroll down to Pop-up Blocker, then select "Turn off Pop-up Blocker".
August 2015: HOT KEYS
Hot keys are keyboard shortcuts that will assist you in using SIRAS more efficiently.
- F11 Full screen
- F8 Brings up menu bar on PDF forms
- Control spacebar Opens “Choose Student”
- Control plus (+) Zoom (makes print larger, but you see less of the page )
- Control minus (-) Unzoom (makes print smaller; you see more of the page)
- Control rt. arrow Moves to the next student
- Control left arrow Moves to the previous student
- Control down arrow Takes you to bottom of the page
- Control up arrow Takes you to top of the page
- Control Q Quick search
- Page down Moves to next page on forms that are more than one page (Transition, Additional pages)
- Page up Moves to previous page on forms that are more than one page (Transition, Additional pages)
Under Choose Student List
- Right click on name Gives you list of menus under Student Info (or click on “caret” to left of name for the same access)
- Right click on the ‘District Attending’ for SELPA users, right click on the column ‘District Attending’ to toggle ‘School Attending’ Right
- Right click on the ‘Student ID’ right click on the column ‘Student ID’ to toggle ‘SSID’, and Birthdate
- Right click on the ‘Last Modified’ right click on the column ‘Last Modified’ to toggle ‘Last Validated’ ‘Last IEP Date’, ‘Last Evaluation Date’, and Case Manager
On the MIS Summary page
- Control - Return Validates the MIS form
Word Processing Shortcuts
- Control A Select (highlight) All
- Control C Copy highlighted test (without removing it)
- Control X Cut (X for cross out) - will keep it in memory temporarily
- Control V Insert (paste) text cut or copied (V is the old proofreading symbol for insert)