Siras Systems Newsletter
IMPORTANT for all users in SIRAS
- District CASEMIS staff can enter vacation days and the date of the progress report for next school year. For holidays, enter the first and last calendar days that students do not attend school. For progress report dates, you can enter the regular report card dates for the district. If there are different reporting periods within your district, narrow your focus using the school house icon to the specific school with different dates. Utilize the “Description” column to name each reporting period (quarter, trimester, semester, P1, Progress Report 1, etc.). The entries done at the school level will supersede district entries. To manage both school holidays and progress reporting dates, go to the Tools menu and select SELPA/District/School Admin.
- As we approach the end of the school year, remember to finalize all meetings. To find out which meetings have yet to be finalized, check the link (see screenshot) on your login page under Notifications and Messages. Meetings left un-finalized will not be part of the summer rollover. This means that the student’s grade will not advance for the IEP in development. If a meeting MUST be continued over the summer, please be aware of the effects.
- The June 30 CASEMIS data pull is fast approaching. All SIRAS users should refer to the links on the login page (see screenshot) under Notifications and Messages. There must be zero Errors and the Warnings reviewed for accuracy. Click on the blue and red hotlinks to determine compliance concerns. If you are unsure how to resolve issues that may be revealed, contact your CASEMIS staff for assistance before you leave for summer.
- If your students’ school, services, providers or transportation will change for next year, you can edit/confirm Next Year’s Data in SIRAS. To check data for an individual student, go to Student Info > Next Year’s Data or for your entire student list, go to Reporting > Student Lists > Edit List. In the right column, remove unneeded selections and add items from the left column that you want to review and update the list.
On behalf of the SELPA and Siras Systems, thank you all for the hard work you do for our students. Have a great summer!!!!
Medi-Cal Billing Option:
Siras Systems, Inc. is excited to announce a partnership with Leader Services, a national company that provides technology and data processing solutions to over 1,000 Local Education Agencies (LEA's). Leader has provided Medicaid billing services to LEA's since 1992 and has assisted with generating more than $1.8 billion in reimbursements. Together, we will provide an improved service within IEP management and Medi-Cal billing for our mutual clients. With consent in the near future, we will offer districts the ability of integrating SIRAS IEP data with Leader's Medi-Cal billing software via a scheduled nightly data export option between the two systems. We offer this as a solution to help save valuable staff time on data upkeep while providing LEA's a streamlined IEP management and Medi-Cal billing process with the goal of maximizing reimbursement potential.
If you have any questions, please contact Steve Ormbrek - firstname.lastname@example.org
OCTOBER 2015: form development history
- Sometimes multiple users contribute to the development of a form. By putting your curser next to the green checkbox or orange form warning you can get a list of all the users who contributed to that form and when they submitted the form.
- Forms can be "Reset" (any entry to the form is deleted) by clicking the red 'X' to the right of the form link. This will restore the form as it was prior to opening it. Additionally, if using the Spanish forms the 'X' next to the 'Spanish' form link will delete only the Spanish form.
- When deleting a meeting all submitted forms in all tabs must be 'Reset' before the meeting can be deleted. Only the person who created the meeting or the CASEMIS Clerk access can delete a meeting.
September 2015: PRINTING - removing browser's header and footer
When printing out Student Lists, Progress Reports, or other SIRAS reports generated from the web page (not PDF forms) and you want to remove the title and footer inserted by your browser, go to the Menu bar for your browser, go under "File" to "Page Setup" then change all of the settings for your header and footer to "Empty". Otherwise the things listed such as Title, page numbers, dates, and URL will print on your report which is usually not desireable. This only needs to be done once and your browser will remember.
To turn off your Popup Blockers for all sites, open your browser and look under Tools on the menu bar and scroll down to Pop-up Blocker, then select "Turn off Pop-up Blocker".
August 2015: HOT KEYS
Hot keys are keyboard shortcuts that will assist you in using SIRAS more efficiently.
- F11 Full screen
- F8 Brings up menu bar on PDF forms
- Control spacebar Opens “Choose Student”
- Control plus (+) Zoom (makes print larger, but you see less of the page )
- Control minus (-) Unzoom (makes print smaller; you see more of the page)
- Control rt. arrow Moves to the next student
- Control left arrow Moves to the previous student
- Control down arrow Takes you to bottom of the page
- Control up arrow Takes you to top of the page
- Control Q Quick search
- Page down Moves to next page on forms that are more than one page (Transition, Additional pages)
- Page up Moves to previous page on forms that are more than one page (Transition, Additional pages)
Under Choose Student List
- Right click on name Gives you list of menus under Student Info (or click on “caret” to left of name for the same access)
- Right click on the ‘District Attending’ for SELPA users, right click on the column ‘District Attending’ to toggle ‘School Attending’ Right
- Right click on the ‘Student ID’ right click on the column ‘Student ID’ to toggle ‘SSID’, and Birthdate
- Right click on the ‘Last Modified’ right click on the column ‘Last Modified’ to toggle ‘Last Validated’ ‘Last IEP Date’, ‘Last Evaluation Date’, and Case Manager
On the MIS Summary page
- Control - Return Validates the MIS form
Word Processing Shortcuts
- Control A Select (highlight) All
- Control C Copy highlighted test (without removing it)
- Control X Cut (X for cross out) - will keep it in memory temporarily
- Control V Insert (paste) text cut or copied (V is the old proofreading symbol for insert)